3D Art Lead (Pune)
Company: Reliance Games
Position: 3D Art Lead
Experience: 10 Plus Years
Who We Are
Reliance Games is a global mobile developer and publisher with more than 500+ Million downloads and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like WWE Mayhem, Real Steel’s World Robot Boxing, Pacific Rim, Hunger Games, Drone: Shadow Strike, Little Singham, etc.
3D Art Lead
Reliance Games is looking for 3D Art Lead to lead the visual direction, art development process, and a talented team of artists. You will work closely with the Engineering and Production teams to oversee the creation and completion of the art vision for multiple games, ensuring art demands are met on time and to schedule without sacrificing quality, and are delivered in support of design and technical requirements. This is a fantastic opportunity to level up and enhance your career working for a top company in the mobile sector.
- Establish and drive an art culture that engages talent, maximizes team potential, and encourages proactive cross-discipline collaboration to deliver the best possible player experience.
- Take an active, hands-on role in developing, maintaining, and refining game art.
- Conceptualize mockups and draft presentations for game pitches.
- Support the evolution and maintenance of art pipeline workflow.
- Ensure accuracy of art scope, schedule, and budget.
- Develop creative estimates and ensure high quality execution of all deliverables.
- Manage external vendors and provide effective feedback.
- Creatively problem solve art technical challenges as they pertain to various new platforms.
- Contribute to studio level planning for new products.
- Identify inconsistencies and opportunities for improvement within the creative process.
- Lead inter-department communications as they relate to art and assist in supporting all external art requirements to help promote games pre, and post launch.
- Troubleshoot problems on reintegration of outsourced assets into the 3D arts.
- Model and texture high quality, high and low poly 3D content.
- Develop high poly sculpts and textures for 3D arts
- Excellent Art Direction skills and leadership with the ability to work across varied art styles.
- An eye for detail, able to apply expert level art judgment on form, perspective, color, style, composition and movement in a way which gives the confidence and authority to own the art quality.
- Expert knowledge of 3DSMax and Photoshop.
- Good knowledge of Unity Engine along with Asset Integration in Unity.
- Understanding of Material setup and in built Shaders, texture Compression, VFX - Particle system.
- Lighting in Unity and light-map baking techniques.
- Expert knowledge of ZBrush and Substance Painter.
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement etc.)
- Experience managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
- Expert understanding of art direction and storytelling.
- Applied conceptual strategy, brainstorm facilitation, day-to-day shepherding of a project to completion and team collaboration with product managers and leads is required.
- Proven ability to think conceptually and broadly about projects and the brand as a whole, and to develop and evolve creative system.
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in Arts, Graphic Arts, or related field is required
- 5 years’ games industry experience with industry 3D packages, preferably 3DSMax &ZBrush
- Experience working on published AAA games a strong advantage
- Strong verbal and written Communication Skills.
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games.
- Competitive salary and Performance Link Incentives.
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits.
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave.
- Employee Assistance Programs.
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zapak.
- Frequent employee events.
- Flexible working hours on many teams.
- Casual dress every single day.
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!.