Game Designer/Sr. Game Designer – Mobile (Pune)
About Reliance Games
Reliance Games is a leading global mobile developer and publisher with more than 200 employees around the world with more 100 Million downloads and several successes in top downloads around the world. Few of our well known games are Real Steel WRB( World Robot boxing), Pacific Rim, Hunger Games, Shadow Strike, etc.
Reliance Games is the mobile gaming division of Reliance Entertainment Group whose subsidiaries include entities like Dreamworks SKG, IM Global and Codemasters. Currently operating 3 studios worldwide, the company has a strong, multi-disciplinary, and cross-skilled team spanning across the US, Canada, and India.
Consumers can find high-quality entertainment created exclusively for their mobile devices wherever they see the ‘RG’ character logo or at www.Reliancegames.com
Summary of Position
Reliance Games is looking for Passionate Game Designer who have following attributes like:
“I have a clear understanding of what FUN means to a targeted audience.”
“I make sure a game isn’t just a list of features. It has a heart and personality.”
“I design games for the Entertainment Industry and am a student of pop culture.”
As a Senior Game Designer you will be responsible for creating the core experience for the game. You will be responsible for leadership of all design tasks on a project, including concept development, design documentation, feature creation, player progression, user interfaces, social/viral marketing, monetization, and polishing. You must possess superior communication and leadership skills, as it will be your responsibility to ensure that the studio team understands and shares the vision of the game. You will also serve as a mentor and guide for other designers in the company, and you will need to build a deeper understanding of good design principles within your team. Your role will be to assure that each game aligns with core design philosophies of fun, quality, and innovation.
- Create concepts and pitch game ideas; evangelize these concepts to the studio and generate excitement and enthusiasm among the teams.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and other Designer to define and improve the game’s vision and overall player experience.
- Lead the creation of the game’s design through Concept Proposals, Game Design Documents, and Functional Specifications.
- Create concepts for characters, environments, props; design levels, create UIs, place sound/music, and tune/balance gameplay.
- Perform as an enabler between the development functions to ensure game design fits within the parameters of the project.
- Research game industry and product design trends to enhance the player’s experience and enjoyment.
- Passion for crafting amazing gaming experiences on mobile platforms
- A fresh brain, ready to entertain the world with humour, fun, surprises, challenges, and delight
- Serve as a mentor and guide to other more junior designers; offer them your wisdom and insights regarding the game design process; promote good design principles.
- Ensure the commercial success of our product offerings.
- At least 5-15 years of experience in mobile game design, including no fewer than two (4) shipped games.
- Should have game economy design experience in freemium models.
- Should have experience in making free to play
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of both premium and freemium mobile games.
- Solid understanding of popular mobile, casual, and social games – recognizes what makes them fun.
- Understands current game design concepts, prototyping, Agile/Scrum, non-linear storytelling, core loops, USP, etc.
- Experience in social/viral marketing; understands game analytics.
- Must exhibit a strong and current passion for games and a strong sense of aesthetics applicable to producing AAA entertainment products.
- Must be an avid gamer and play games across genres and platforms.
- Knowledge of other game platforms and current trends.
- Early-adopter when it comes to mobile electronics and other consumer products and services.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Having worked with external development teams globally.”
- Prior experience working with movie-based or franchise IPs.
Send resume to: email@example.com