Economy Game Designer (Chicago)
About Reliance Games
Reliance Games is a leading global mobile developer and publisher with more than 200 employees around the world with more 100 Million downloads and several successes in top downloads around the world. Few of our well known games are Real Steel WRB( World Robot boxing), Pacific Rim, Hunger Games, Shadow Strike, etc.
Reliance Games is the mobile gaming division of Reliance Entertainment Group whose subsidiaries include entities like Dreamworks SKG, IM Global and Codemasters. Currently operating 3 studios worldwide, the company has a strong, multi-disciplinary, and cross-skilled team spanning across the US, Canada, and India.
Consumers can find high-quality entertainment created exclusively for their mobile devices wherever they see the ‘RG’ character logo or at www.Reliancegames.com
Summary of Position
Reliance Games seeks a Game Economy Designer for its Chicago office. Come help us expand our world-class mobile games studio. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans and are one of the leading Studios in the world.
As an Economy Designer, you will be instrumental in building a free-to-play game economy that will refine our monetization strategy and game.
Economy Game Designer
As a Game economy designer, your responsibility is to understand how a game works and how the customers behave in it, identifying and developing the purchase drivers in the game economy context, and providing constant data-driven recommendation on design, tuning and pricing in order to improve game financial performance.
To do this, pre-release, you’re able to design the virtual products a game will offer, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact in a given title, and work closely with the development team to see those design refined and metrics implemented.
Once the game is launched, you’re able to analyze the collected data and report which are the performing/underperforming aspects of the game economic model
- Design, implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression
- Collaborate with the world’s best engineers, UX/UI artisans, QA, and Live Ops teams to create addictive, compelling play experiences that will delight users for years
- Continually iterate, balance and tune features, gameplay and game economies based on feedback and metrics from the game team, user testing, and the broader player community
- Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to define key variables and identify the relations between them;
- Strong econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data;
- Statistic knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design;
- Managing pricing as to create specific price point roles, implement selling strategies for higher price points;
- Analyze the evolution of the metrics you defined to spot both monetization bottlenecks and facilitators, then report suggestions for the game design or strategy accordingly.
- Work closely with the Studio Directors, PM team to review and design monetization-based analytics.
- Deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market, both web-based and on smartphones;
- Minimum 3 years of game design experience on commercially successful games.
- Specialized education in Economic Game Design and/or extensive experience in the design of free-to-play games, preferably on mobile platforms
- Detailed understanding of mobile players’ behaviours and latest business models’ trends
- Familiarity with Unity
- Proficiency with C# and/or Unity3D
- Proficiency with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Shipped titles on iOS and Android
- Experience supporting a live game on iOS and Android
- Experience in Action to the RPG or strategy game economy and progression systems
- Deep knowledge of MMO or free-to-play gameplay and monetization systems.
- Experience with character collection as a driver is a plus.
- Add “Deep knowledge of gacha economies.”
Reliance Games is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
**Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S**